SharePoint 2010 global navigation with 3 Levels of Dynamic Menu Style
Adding 3 Levels of Dynamic Menu Style to SharePoint 2010 global navigation
To make the changes, follow these simple steps:
1. Open the site in SharePoint Designer
2. From the left hand navigation, choose Master pages and in then click the appropriate Master Page. In this example I selected the v4.master. When promted to checkout, choose yes.
3. Once the Master Page has loaded, select to view it in Code mode.
4. At this point you will need to search the code for the keyword "Orientation". This will bring you to the section of code where we need to make our changes.
5. At this point you can enter your values for StaticDisplayLevels and MaximumDynamicDisplay Levels.
- StaticDisplayLevels is the number of levels of sub navigation to show by default
- MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels is the number of levels of sub navigation to show as flyouts when hovered over.
Happy SharePointing !!!